Sandwich panels, construction and applications.
Construction of a sandwich panel
They consist of two steel sheet claddings and an insulation core, which provides the object with thermal insulation properties and mechanical strength. Their cladding is made of 0.4 to 0.6 mm thick sheet metal. It is galvanized on both sides and covered with a protective coating. Thanks to this, it is resistant to corrosion. The core of the plate is designed to provide thermal insulation, which is why it is made of insulating materials, e.g. PUR polyurethane foam or PIR polyisocyanurate, mineral wool, foam glass or phenolic foams.
The use of sandwich panels
They are used in the construction industry covering utility buildings for many industries. They include public facilities, industrial and agricultural halls, including freezers, animal rooms, cold stores and storage rooms. As sandwich panels, they are also used in buildings without casing, e.g. in curtain walls and roofs. Their thermal insulation properties mean that they are often used also when erecting buildings intended to operate in the refrigeration industry.
For curtain walls and coverings, sandwich panels are used as:
- - load-bearing walls - they can perform their function in the case of small cold stores or in buildings,
- - partition walls - in this way, they separate rooms, e.g. in industrial buildings,
- - suspended ceilings - for this purpose they are used mainly in industrial facilities.
They can be divided due to their use in a given structure. On this basis, we distinguish discs:
- - facade walls - these are models that are used for insulation, are installed in existing buildings,
- - wall - they are used inside buildings, they can be installed as ceiling and ceiling panels,
- - roof - they are most often used to build the roof of the object, although some of them are also used indoors when installing the ceiling.
Advantages of sandwich panels
They are widely used because of the features that provide them with great versatility. Due to their low weight, they can be mounted by cranes with low load capacity, and their transport is relatively easy. If the needs or purpose of a given object change, they can easily be dismantled and then mounted elsewhere. They are also characterized by fire resistance, provide thermal and sound insulation. Their application allows you to easily and effectively meet the requirements of fire protection and insulation.
Leave a comment